Thursday, November 24, 2005

Scribble: flying lizard

Continuing my development on the robotic Pteranodon.

A very rough structure of Pteranodon spreading wings. There's not enough movement in the sketch for some reason. It looks more like it's posing for photo than taking itself to the air. Perhaps a different angle or better gesture will create more movement to the piece?


I really liked this pose, here it is "crawling" on all four in an ape-like posture. The camera angle will probably need to zoom out a bit more to show more of the creature to be effective.


Detail on the mechanical parts. Still not quite happening yet...


------------------------------
This is entirely different project. I am working on a cover for a vampire comic book.
A lot of the times, before I go into a full blown illustration, I would draw a small black and white value study, mainly to work out the composition and contrast. Then scan in the value study, blow it up to the finished size and use it as template for the final piece.
I am thinking the floor will have blood smearing all over it, but I am not good with blood, so we'll see how it will turn out, hopefully it will somewhat close to what I have pictured in my head.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful work E.J.!
-rico